The A&O Berlin Friedrichshain opened right by the central intra-city Ostkreuz train station in the popular student district. The former factory building features 233 rooms with modern furnishings.
The MEININGER Hotel East Side Gallery is located in the middle of the district Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg, and Warschauer Straße can easily be explored on foot. All other sights of the city are within easy reach thanks to the hotel’s proximity to Ostbahnhof station (S-Bahn train towards Mitte).
Great hostesses are very friendly and very clean
A simple hostel, with good heating and very well located, with supermarkets (Lidel, a bio ...), cafes, shops, the metro station where you can take any direction and about 20 from the airport.
The hostel is close to the metro and allows to be in the center quickly. The only downside I will find is that being divided into several buildings, there is no soul that can be found in other hostels; we only communicate with the people in our room. If you do not pay for breakfast, you do not have access to the kitchen which is a problem because it means you have to eat outside each time or bring these short and others. Overall, it is better to pay a little more and have more benefits because in this hostel, the price is not high (which is good for students in particular) but each small service is extra (bed linen: 7 €, breakfast: 7 €, check-out beyond 10h: 10 € ...) Finally, I paid for a mixed room and my first night, I ended up in a room of 8 with 7 boys; I asked to change rooms because I was not very comfortable and I was told that the hostel was full or I had to pay extra to change the building ..
Great stay! I will probably come back again!
This hostel is big in Berlin and does the job for Berlin. Safe.
I would recommend this accommodation without any doubt. Not only for the price, but also for the facilities, location and environment (youth). The rooms are very modern (with plug and individual light in each bed) in addition to the furniture. The common area of the hotel used to be full of young people with a good atmosphere to be with friends and have a drink. Regarding the location, there is a train stop 1 minute away (it connects directly with the SXF airport and the city center) so it facilitates mobility. In summary, I would recommend the hotel to spend a few days with friends and enjoy Berín.
Very clean, friendly and nice. Right next to the metro station. Staff super nice and nothing to worry about. Thank you so much ! : D
Je m'attendais à une auberge fonctionnelle, ce n'est pas le cas. Le point fort reste l'emplacement, juste à côté de la gare et des boîtes de nuit branchées de Berlin.
Les inconvénients sont très nombreux :
- impossible d'ouvrir les fenêtres complètement (seulement en oscillo-battant), du coup la chaleur s'installe et ce n'est pas la faible ventilation qui va aider. C'est le gros point faible de cet hostel car en été, c'est invivable à plus de 30°, vous dormirez très mal!
- chambres très petites, avec des casiers pas bien pratiques, du coup tout le monde met sa valise par terre et on ne peut plus circuler.
- portes qui claquent de partout (pas un clac gentillet, un gros BOUM qui fait trembler tous les murs alentours).
- aucune organisation concernant le chambre, les lits ne sont pas numérotés et on y trouve de tout, des vieilles serviettes qui traînent, de la bouffe des anciens clients, des déchets... bref, le ménage ne peut pas être fait puisque personne ne sait à qui appartient ces objets!
- le bâtiment, bien qu'ultra moderne, vieillit mal. Parfait exemple, la moquette des couloirs qui fait vraiment peur à voir!
- les tarifs du petit déjeuner, des boissons ou autres collations sont trop chers pour Berlin. Partout ailleurs, vous pourrez trouver des bons plans.
- il y a des files d'attente conséquentes à l'accueil toute la journée. Courage si vous arrivez à la mauvaise heure, c'est vraiment la galère !
Au final, si vous venez à cette auberge c'est que vous êtes intéressé par la proximité des boîtes de nuit alentours comme le Berghain... sinon passez votre chemin. C'est un conseil.
We had a pleasant stay in Berlin, and we slept comfortably in this clean hostel. The staff was welcoming and the room very clean! Great place.
The property is about a 3 minute walk to the main station, and its pretty easy to go to sights/bars. Its fairly cheap and is still very clean. The water pressure was nice, and a good bar. I will go back.
We are located in Berlin Friedrichshain, one of Berlin’s central districts, neighboured by Prenzlauer Berg, Mitte and Kreuzberg. Friedrichshain itself is known for its young and creative vibe, due to its enormous amount of bars, cafés, galleries, theatres, cultural institutions, restaurants, cheap eats... and then there are those great clubs, such as the Berghain, entitled as the “best club worldwide” by the New York Times and other newspapers and magazines that followed the echo.
The mattress tops are stained otherwise good bedding. The staff is very nice.
10 minutes walk from the east side gallery and a tram station. The neighborhood is all under construction, so it has noise early in the morning. But the "private" kitchen space for 3-4 bedrooms is rather nice.
Facade of the hostel under construction, which can happen. Occupation of the hostel to its maximum, no normal size bath towels, not very serious with small. Mattresses a little demolished, but cleanliness of the bedding. Sometimes a little noise at night, the boxes are next. Nice place.
BATHROOMS-BEDROOMS-BREAKFAST-RECEPTIONISTAS-LOCALIZATION-OTHER SERVICES. ALL ESUPENDO. A 9.9 ON 10!
I stayed at this hostel with two of my friends in a triple room. The room was very clean, but there was no running hot water in our room due to construction. It is a great location in Berlin. It has a very hostel feel, with a bar and lots of people. However, we were only there for one night and was able to get a good sleep in our room.
Hostel owners and managers
Register now your hostel on our brand new Extranet.